How long does the Buccal Fat Pad Removal take?
The treatment typically takes about 45min to an hour. The procedure can be done as a stand-alone procedure or in combination with another surgery. Patients can return to work the day after the procedure. Though the cheeks will be swollen for a couple days. The swelling will slowly subside and patients will begin to see the improved contour.
How Buccal Fat Pad Removal Works
The buccal fat pad is a specific collection of fat in the lower third of the face. The fat pad can be removed from an intra-oral incision.
What kind of Patients Would Benefit from Buccal Fat Pad Removal?
Anyone that wishes to enhance the contour of the lower third of the face. The buccal fat pad can sometimes give patients a round appearance to their face. The removal of the fat leads to a more contoured jaw line and sleeker face.
Can Buccal Fat Pad Removal be Done in Combination with other Procedures?
Buccal Fat Pad Removal can be done as an isolated procedure or in combination with surgeries. The buccal fat pad removal is most commonly done in combination with submental liposuction and jaw line augmentation. This combination helps patients achieve the contoured sleek appearance to the lower third of their face, jawline and neck. It is important to understand how facial contouring all works in concert to give patients the best result possible.
Who is a Good Candidates for Buccal Fat Pad Removal?
- You want to enhance the appearance of cheeks, jawline or neck area.
- You are in good physical and emotional health.
- You have realistic expectations of the result possible with buccal fat pad removal.
- If you want to decrease the roundness of your cheeks and achieve a slender. sleek appearance to the lower portion of your face.
- If you want to enhance the appearance of your jawline.
Your Buccal Fat Pad Removal Consultation
- The treatment options will be discussed with you that can help you achieve your personal aesthetic goals.
- The risks and benefits of the procedure will also be discussed during your consultation.
About Your Buccal Fat Pad Removal Procedure
- The procedure can be done in the office or at the surgery center depending on specific situation and if you are doing the procedure in combination with another procedure.
- The procedure typically takes about 45 minutes to perform.
- Patients can return to the next day or two days later.
- After the treatment patients, can have some bruising and swelling.