What is a Breast Lift?
A breast lift, also known as a mastopexy, is a form of cosmetic breast surgery that lifts and enhances the shape of the breasts by removing excess skin. There are different types of breast lift procedures to choose from depending on your aesthetic goals, including the:
- Peri-areolar Lift: Using this method, Dr. Franco makes an incision around the areola only. This is a great option for women who have minimal sagging.
- Vertical Lift: Also known as a “lollipop lift,” this technique requires an incision around the areola and down to the bottom of your breast. Dr. Franco uses this procedure to correct moderate sagging.
- Anchor Lift: This type of lift is a full mastopexy and helps women with severe sagging. The incisions go around the areola as well as down and along the bottom of the breast.
In addition, Dr. Franco can include breast implants to enhance the size and shape of your breasts.
Breast Lift Surgery Candidacy
You may be a great candidate for breast lift surgery if:
- You have sagging, lax, or ptotic breasts
- Your breasts have lost volume
- Your nipples point downward
- You are near your ideal weight
- You don’t smoke or can refrain from smoking
There are additional health and lifestyle factors to take into consideration when determining your candidacy for a breast lift. Any type of breast lift involves some permanent scarring, and the results tend to last longer with smaller breasts. Pregnancy and breastfeeding may also reverse the effects of the procedure. If you are considering breast lift surgery, Dr. Franco can help you understand what to expect from the procedure and create a custom treatment plan based on your individual needs.
Can I Add Implants to My Breast Lift?
Yes. Dr. Franco often uses implants at the same time as a breast lift for patients who want to add volume. Implants can also help center the nipples and increase the fullness of the upper part of the breasts. This powerful combination restores the youthful appearance of the breasts and accentuates the results of the breast lift. Depending on your desired outcome, you may choose from a variety of implants with different textures, shapes, and sizes. Some popular choices include silicone implants, saline implants, and gummy bear implants.
How Much Does a Breast Lift Cost?
At Austin Plastic Surgeon, we are upfront with our pricing for breast lifts and other cosmetic procedures. Please take a look at our comprehensive pricing page to see the cost of a breast lift procedure both with and without implants.
Breast Lift Recovery Process
After your surgery, you will need someone to drive you home and monitor you for 24-48 hours. You will also be required to wear a surgical bra, avoid lifting heavy objects, and refrain from intensive exercise. Most breast lift patients can go back to work within 5-7 days after the procedure. Dr. Franco will give you post-operative instructions to follow so that you can return to your normal routine as soon as possible.
Want to Learn More About Breast Lift Surgery? Call Us Today
If you are considering a breast lift procedure and want to know more about the options available to you, call Austin Plastic Surgeon today at 512-827-0638 to schedule a free initial consultation. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Johnny Franco can help you find a look that makes you feel sexy and confident. We are proud to serve patients living in Texas and throughout the United States from our practice in Austin. Online consultations are available for out-of-town patients.