The mommy makeover is an incredible body sculpting procedure that can restore a woman’s body to its previous form. The mommy makeover can include various procedures to improve the breast and the abdominal area.
Breast lift with augmentation is commonly needed to shape and reposition the breasts that can fall after having children. The breasts can loose volume as well after pregnancy and with age. The combination of the lift and augmentation can create an aesthetically appealing breast.
Tummy Tuck is typically part of the mommy makeover as the abdominal muscles have usually been stretched with child bearing. Also the excess abdominal skin that has been stretched can benefit form being removed and having the area contoured. Changes in the tummy tuck procedures such as no drains and improved pain control methods have made the mommy makeover a much easier procedure for women.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
- You are dissatisfied with the appearance of your breast and abdomen.
- You are in good physical and emotional health.
- You have realistic expectations
- You wish to restore your body to its previous shape
How Much Recovery Time do I Need After my Mommy Makeover?
Mommy makeovers are one of the most popular procedures in Austin because of the transformation that is possible from the surgery.
Mommy makeover is a broad term that describes a tummy tuck and breast surgery which could include breast augmentation, breast lift or a breast lift with augmentation. The broad definition of the procedure makes the recovery time variable for the surgery.
There are several new advancements in the procedure that has decreased the recovery time after the mommy makeover.
- The use of Exparel – a long acting local anesthetic that is injected during the procedure to provide discomfort relief for three days.
- Drains are often rarely used as well. Special suturing techniques can prevent the need for these drains.
- These two advancements have allowed patients to have a more comfortable and swift recovery from their mommy makeover.
The recovery for the breast portion of the mommy makeover is variable depending if a person has a breast augmentation alone, or a breast lift and augmentation.
In general patients, should give themselves at least two weeks to recover from the procedure so that they can maximize their results.
Please consult your Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your mommy makeover options!
How do I Decide Where I Should Have my Mommy Makeover?
Mommy Makeovers are extremely popular as it can restore a woman’s body to the shape she had before children. The broad definition of the procedure makes leads to large price range depending on the specific procedures an individual is having done. When deciding on where to have your mommy makeover consider a few things in addition to price.
- Is my surgeon a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon?
- Where will I have my surgery?
- What type of anesthesia will be used?
- Does my surgeon commonly perform this type for procedure?
- Does my surgeon use drains for my tummy tuck?
- Does my surgeon use Exparel for my abdominoplasty?
The mommy makeover has improved over the past several years for several reasons. The first is improvement in the recovery after the tummy tuck portion of the mommy makeover.
The range of breast implants available for the breast augmentation or breast lift and augmentation portion of the mommy makeover has also improved. The gummy bear implants have become very popular as they give a very youthful and aesthetic appearance with the added benefit of the cohesive gel technology.
Theses advancements in the mommy makeover have increased its popularity as the recovery has become easier for patients and the aesthetic results have continued to improve.
Refresh Your Body with a Mommy Makeover in Austin
Regaining your body after having children is difficult. Diet and exercise cannot always give you the results your desire. You deserve to feel confident and beautiful in your body after having children. Call our office today to learn more about a mommy makeover in Austin.