This is a good question as the majority of patient that wish to have a breast augmentation desire a result that is going to feel and look natural without having obvious scars.
There are several ways to place the incision so that it is well hidden in natural skin folds or breast transitions.
- Hidden at the natural transition from the areola and the breast skin. The incision can be hidden in this natural color transition.
- Secondary surgery can easily be performed through this incision.
- Inframmary Fold
- The incision is hidden in the fold below the breast.
- Secondary surgery can be performed through this incision.
- The incision for the implant can be hidden in one of the natural axilla folds.
- Using the Keller Funnel allows for placement of silicone implants in a variety of sizes
- Placement is very precise with the use of the endoscope.
- This technique has become less popular as only saline implants can be place using this method.
- Also patients run the risk of destroying the fold, which can cause their implant to drop overtime.
It is important to see your board certified plastic surgeon to help guide you to an implant that will give you an aesthetically pleasing breast.